** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
MHS Hours: 7:45AM-3:45PM Monday-Friday 2021-2022 MHS Bell Schedules
MHS has a new phone system and menu when dialing 563-263-6141. Please listen to the menu to select the proper department. For Spanish assistance please press 5.
- Press 1 – Attendance (or call directly at 563-263-6616)
- Press 2 – Student Services, Transcripts and Grade Level Counselors
- Press 3 – MHS Nurse
- Press 4 – Athletics
- Press 5 – Spanish Assistance
- For all other calls, please stay on the line or Press 0 for assistance or to leave a voicemail.
MHS Direct Dial Phone Numbers
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 Days or older by request
- TONIGHT! PowderPuff Game, Sept. 20th
(Junior vs. Senior Girls) at 7pm – MHS Stadium.
$3 Entrance Fee. Proceeds will go to Make a Wish Foundation
- Dining option for Homecoming night: We are lifting our Members Only restriction for all MHS Homecoming attendees at Geneva Country Club. This is a great opportunity for students to enjoy a fine dining experience close to home while all dressed up. Reservations required. Call 563-263-8942. Homecoming 2021 Menu
- Homecoming Information: See the Homecoming section below for all Homecoming information!
- Silver Cord Opportunities: See Silver Cord Section below for all opportunities!
- Muskie Minutes: https://youtu.be/f7h9no6dToY
- Student IDs: Student ID cards are available to be picked up in Student Services before school, during lunch or after school in the Student Services Office. (Students that had their pictures taken from the Aug. or Sept. picture days will have a Student ID.)
- Buy YOUR Yearbook – $56! (The Auroran 2021-2022): 2021-22 Yearbook Info
- Google Classroom: All high school staff use Google Classroom to display assigned work. If your child is missing from school, they can always access their work via Google Classroom. As a parent/guardian, you can request your student’s teachers to add you to their assignment list so that you will have “View Only” access.
- The FFA Banquet is set for March 3, 2022. (The students wanted to make sure all the students were able to attend so we are putting it out really early this year.)
- REMINDER! Seniors: The FSA ID Workshops will begin today on the Learning Stairs. Please use the google form to sign up for the date and period you’d like to attend. You will need your computer.
ALL seniors will need an FSA ID in order to file their FAFSA starting October 1st. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Hawkins
- FREE school supplies are available across from the Attendance Center. Courtesy of the Muskie Locker.
- Kirkwood College will be visiting on Monday, October 11th during Muskie Time in the Student Service Office.
- Juniors – PSAT Information: Why take the PSAT? Great standardized test practice, the only way to qualify for a National Merit Scholarship
- Testing Date: The PSAT will be given on Oct. 13th, 2021.
- Procedure to Sign Up: Pay $18 at the Attendance Office. Bring your receipt once you have paid to Student Services, and sign up with Mrs. Meeker or Mrs. Meineke. Register/pay before Oct. 8th.
- This is a first come, first serve test. If paying for the test will be an issue, please let Mrs. Wolfe know privately, and she will help you work through this.
- You are highly encouraged to take the test, especially if you plan to attend a college or university after high school.
- Student IDs and Pictures (for those that had their picture taken/ordered pictures on Aug. 4th) can be picked up in STUDENT SERVICES. Also, If you already picked up your Student ID, AND purchased an Activity Pass to stop in Student Services and have your ID stamped.
- Meal Viewer Link Students & Parents can look at the menus online for MHS. There is nutrient information as well as allergen information. There is also an app available for cell phones.
- MHS Parents & Students: The Powerschool Mobile App is a great resource to have! Mobile App Instructions
- Doors open at 7:45am. Enter through the Commons, “Big M” Cedar St. doors, or the Swim entrance.
- Commons, Cafeteria, Library & 1st floor Settee Area by “Big M’ are allowed areas prior to school starting at 8:20am
- Entering the Building: The Commons, “Big M”(across from Cedar St. parking lot), Swim entrance doors are open from 7:45am-8:20am.
- Students entering the building AFTER 8:20AM need to enter through the MAIN office doors.
** Homecoming Week Information **
- Homecoming 2021 is just around the corner! The theme is Muskie Olympics.
Here are the dress-up days for Monday, September 20th – Friday, September 24th:
- Monday: Olympic Ring Class Color Day
(Freshman: yellow; Sophomores: Green; Juniors: red; Seniors: Blue; Staff: Black)
- Tuesday: Duo/Team Day (Twin Day)
- Wednesday: USA Day
- Thursday: Team Jersey Day
- Friday: Muskie Spirit Day
- Congratulations to the 2021 Muskie Homecoming Court Candidates!
Grant Bode, Emilio Bobay, Douglas Custis, Spencer Kilburn, & Nolan Recker
- Kaylynn Bynum, Grace Bode, Paige Mathias, Bree Seaman, & Perla Rios
- Monday: Olympic Ring Class Color Day
- Homecoming Tickets will be sold for $10 each during A&B lunches in front of Student Services on:
- Thursday, Sept. 16
- Friday, Sept. 17
- Monday, Sept. 20
- Tuesday, Sept. 21
- Wednesday, Sept. 22
- Thursday, Sept. 23
- Homecoming Parade: The annual MHS Homecoming Parade takes place on Thursday, September 23rd at 6 PM. The parade begins at Grant Elementary and ends at MHS just ahead of coronation. To learn more about the parade please email Ruthellen Brooks at: [email protected]
- Homecoming Dance: Due to COVID precautions, NO outside guests will be allowed at the MHS Homecoming Dance this year. This includes former MHS students, students from other high schools, or college-aged students. The MHS Homecoming Dance will be Saturday, Sept. 25th at the high school from 8-11 PM. Ticket prices will be $10 and selling dates are TBD. MHS Homecoming Dance will be Saturday, Sept. 25th at the high school from 8-11 PM. Ticket prices are still being determined.** Athletic/Activities Information **
- FREE Homecoming Apparel: Need a dress, pants or dress shirt for Homecoming? FREE dresses, dress shirts, and pants are available across from the Attendance Center.
- Deadline Sept. 17th! Junior & Senior Girls interested in playing Powder Puff MUST SIGN UP Powder Puff Sign Up by 3:30 PM on Friday, Sept. 17th to be eligible to play in Powder Puff. Please double check with Mrs. Stoltzfus if you have your 3 required forms (Physical, Concussion, Parent Consent) to participate.
- Deadline Sept. 17! Senior March Forms are now available at the Attendance Center! Students must have at least 16 credits and be in their fourth year of high school in order to participate in the Senior March. Students who have turned in this permission slip and paid $5 will be dismissed via intercom message at 10:30AM on Friday, September 24th, 2021 for the Senior March. All students attending should meet in the MHS Commons. Students will first sign the Senior Wall and then march to the Merrill Hotel, where they will be fed sandwiches, chips, and cookies. Students will leave by school bus once finished. Students are not allowed to drive to the Merrill Hotel. Please turn in permission slips during school hours to the Attendance Center by Thursday, September 17th, 2021 at 3:30 pm. Exact change is required. Late forms and payment will not be accepted. If you should have any questions please contact Ms. Heimerdinger at: [email protected]
** Athletics/Activities Information **
- Student Activity Passes are available for sale at the Attendance Center for $50. This pass allows you admission into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Adult Athletic Punch Pass/Card are $40 (10 punches) and can be purchased at the MHS Attendance Center or at the gate during events. This pass allows you admission into all sporting events except regional & state competitions, most vocal, orchestra, and band events, and the fall drama production.
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Follow @MuskieAD on Twitter for MHS activities & athletic updates and information.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Forms **
- School Locker Request (not PE): Student Locker Request Form
- Transcripts: To request an official transcript from Muscatine High School, please use the link below to make your request. Official transcripts are sent directly from our MHS Registrar’s Office. Muscatine High School Transcript Request Link
- Silver Cord Form: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, STUDENTS must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
- ALL STUDENTS DRIVING TO SCHOOL: ALL students driving to school will need to complete a Vehicle Registration Form for a new MHS Parking Tag. This parking tag will be used for until the Class of 2025 graduates. The form is available online Vehicle Registration Form, MHS Attendance or Student Services office. Completed forms should be returned to the Student Services office. Students with a new MHS Parking can park in the Bonnie Dr. or Cedar St. parking lots.
- DOT Minor School License Form: DOT Minor School License Form Forms are available in the MHS Main Office – Rm-11-001. (You must have completed Driver’s Ed in order to submit this form.) Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank) and return to the Main Office.
** Fundraisers **
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: Phelps Muskie Store and check it out!
- Jostens Muskie School Store: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift?
Visit Jostens Muskie School Store
** Scholarships **
- Please visit Scholarships for a list of available scholarships. (newest scholarships are listed at the end of the document)
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- The Salvation Army at 1000 Oregon St are looking for assistance with elementary grade levels. We currently have 29 children registered. We are looking for volunteers to assist in reading help, math help, spelling quizzes, homework help and interacting with the children. Our children range from Kindergarten to 6th grade. The 6th graders with no homework are in a leadership program. So even assisting them in what leadership looks like is wonderful. Help is needed Monday through Friday from 3pm to 6pm. We follow the school calendar. If there is an Early Out, then we have the children from 1pm-6pm. If interested in volunteering any or all of the hours or have any questions, please contact Mary Darnell at (563)263-8272 or [email protected]
- The Food and Nutrition Dept. has an opportunity at Jefferson & McKinley Elementary at breakfast time (7:45-8 am). MHS Students would assist younger students who need help finding their breakfast cards & getting their breakfasts to the tables in the commons area to eat. If you are interested in helping out in the morning, please email [email protected] Must have own transportation.
- Students are needed to help at the Muskie Staff Tailgate on Sept. 24 from 5-7pm at the MCSD Administration Building at 2900 Mulberry.
Students will assist in running the following kids activities from 5-6pm, 6-7pm or 5-7pm:
- Bounce House
- Muskie Tattoos
- Face Painting
- Photo Booth
- Contact Joelle McConnaha at 563-260-7122 or Becky Wichers at 563-263-7223 if interested.
- Stinky’s House of Horrors is a local haunted house that raises non-perishable food donations for the Salvation Army each year. He needs assistance with yard work which includes raking leaves, picking up sticks and any other yard work duties that may be needed the week of October 25 thru October 29. For more information, you may contact Troy “Stinky” Philpott at [email protected]
- Nonprofit organization, Kyle’s Graceful Adventures, is looking for volunteers to sort and hang clothing. If interested, please contact Felicia Petty at (563) 506-3026.
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify. Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Yearbook Information **
- Yearbooks: If you would like to purchase an MHS 2020-21 yearbook, cost is $56.
- Did you or someone you know attend Muscatine High School during the 2012 through 2015 school years? If so, this is your chance to purchase a yearbook that reflects those school years and memories! Each yearbook is $20 until sold out. All proceeds go back into the Yearbook Club to purchase new equipment and expand the program for students. To purchase, call the Activities Office at Muscatine High School at (563) 263-6141 and ask for Mindy.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.