** Daily News & Information ** Home of the Muskies!
MHS Attendance Office: 563-263-6616 or [email protected] – available 24 hours
Announcements in Green – New
Announcements in Blue – Previous Day
Announcements in Black – 2 or more days old (per request)
** Daily News & Information **
- The next River Bend Food Bank will take place on Tuesday, September 8th at the MCSD Administration Building (2900 Mulberry Ave.) from 4:30-6pm.
- Thursday, Sept. 3rd, students on the Hybrid B schedule will report to MHS.
- Friday, Sept. 4th, students on the Hybrid B schedule will report to MHS.
- Monday, September 7th: NO SCHOOL in observance of Labor Day.
- Tuesday, Sept. 8th, students on the Hybrid B schedule will report to MHS.
- Support your MHS athlete in their chosen sport by placing an ad in the MHS Sport program. Details and order form are at: https://bit.ly/2EDytT3
- Information for Friday night’s football game at Clear Creek Amana:
- Fans will not be admitted without a Game Day ticket.
- Muskie football players will each be issued 4 Game Day tickets per CC-A’s Guidelines.
- A Game Day ticket will allow a fan to purchase admission.
- If you do not have a Game Day ticket you will not be able to enter the Stadium.
- LifeTouch Picture Day will be on September 28 & 29 in the MHS Main Gym. Virtual Learners (full time only) can get their picture taken on either day from 7:00AM-9:30AM. Cohort A students will get their picture taken on September 28 after 9:45AM. Cohort B students will get their picture taken on September 29 after 9:45AM.
LifeTouch Order forms can be picked up at the Attendance Center, Lifetouch Order Form, or you can order now on mylifetouch.com using Picture Day ID: EVTNSHPGQ.
Lifetouch COVID Photography Protocol
- Parking Tags/Vehicle Registration Form: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete the Vehicle Registration Form available in the Student Services office. Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office. Parking Tags should be displayed on the rearview mirror of your vehicle.
- Handicap Parking Placards: If you have a handicap parking placard, please display it on your rearview mirror. Thank you!
- Muskie FFA Weekly Update!FFA Weekly Update.pdf
- Muskie FFA Sweet Corn For Sale: See flyer for details!Muskie FFA Sweet Corn Flyer
- MHS Attendance can be contacted at 563-263-6616 or [email protected] – available 24 hours.
- Student Fees: Student Fee Structure FY 20-21 Fees can be paid online via PowerSchool>InTouch Receipting, by mailing a check to MHS, or by paying in-person at the MHS Attendance Center from 7:45am-3:45pm.
- Virtual Learning Students: Please check with your teachers if there are textbooks, novels, handouts that you need to pick up for your virtual learning classes. You can pick up the materials at the MHS Attendance Office from 7:45am-3:45pm.
- 2019-20 Yearbooks: If you purchased a 2019-20 MHS Yearbook and did not pick it up, please stop by the Attendance office before school, passing time, or after school until 3:45pm.
- Library: The library is open for regular checkout! Come visit us from 7:30am-4:00pm Monday-Friday. In addition to regular checkout, we are also offering BookDash: Book Delivery & Takeout for students who aren’t comfortable browsing the library or for our 100% virtual learning students. Use the BookDash Order Form to request books & get more information from the BookDash Flyer.
Also, any student who still has a library book, textbook, or classroom novel checked out from last year needs to return it to the library asap. We would love to have our books back!
- Parents and Guardians: Our school utilizes the School Messenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.* You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. See flyer for more information. SMS Text Opt-In Flyer.pdf
- 2020-21 Driver’s Ed information can be obtained from the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency (MBAEA) Drivers Ed Information
** Forms **
- Transcripts: Please fill out the Transcript Request Form (or include all the information requested on the form) and email [email protected]
- Vehicle Registration Form/Parking Tags: If you are a new driver to MHS and do not have an MHS Parking Tag, you will need to pick up & complete a Vehicle Registration Form. Stop in Student Services during the first week of school to pick up the form or print out and return completed Vehicle Registration Form during the first week of school. Students that have a parking tag from last year will continue to use that parking tag. If you no longer have the parking tag, please stop in the Student Services office.
- DOT Minor School License Form DOT Minor School License Form
Forms can be picked up and returned to Mrs. Borde in the Principal’s office (Room 11-001). Instructions: Please complete Sections 1 and 3. (Leave Section 2 blank).
** Silver Cord Opportunities/Volunteer Opportunities **
- Silver Cord Program: Students recording hours of volunteer service during their years at MHS will be awarded a Silver Cord to wear at graduation. In order for volunteer hours to count towards a Silver Cord, students must complete the online form to verify.Silver Cord Form
Service qualifies for Silver Cord recognition if:
- The student is not paid for the service
- The student does not receive credit for the service.
The service is not for the purpose of fundraising for a group/activity/team that the student participates in.
*140 hours are required for students in the Class of 2021, 2022 and 2023.
*160 hours are required for students graduating in the Class of 2024.
** Sports Information/Athletic Forms **
- Visit MHS Official Activities Site for updates to schedules, rosters & directions.
- Athletic Forms: Parent Permission Form Concussion Form Physical Form
** Fundraisers **
- Show your Muskie Spirit with a Driveway M. The Muskie Pom Squad will be painting Driveway M‘s this summer and early fall. A Driveway M is a great way to show your Muskie Spirit to everyone!to fill out a form for a Muskie M or see your favorite Pom Squad member. You may also email: [email protected] for more information or options! GO MUSKIES!!!!!!
- Muskie Store is Open! The district has partnered with Phelps Custom Apparel to offer our staff, families, and community Muskie Apparel! This online store does not close meaning that it remains open for all of your Muskie clothing needs throughout the year.
Go to: https://stores.inksoft.com/phelpsstores_muscatine_muskies/shop/home and check it out!
- Muskies School Store – Jostens: Do you want Muskie Spirit Wear/Accessories or to give as a gift. A portion of sales comes back to MHS! $10 discount coupons available! Contact Doreen at [email protected] for discount.
Visit Muscatine High School Muskies Custom Apparel
** Scholarships **
- Please check back later for available Scholarships.
** Keep informed on what is going on at MHS! **
|Facebook:||MHS Facebook Page|
|Student Handbook:||MCSD Student Handbk|
|Curriculum Guide:||2020-21 Curriculum Guide|
This content has been provided by the Muscatine Community School District and is distributed by Discover Muscatine.