MUSCATINE, Iowa – The Public Transit division of the City of Muscatine Department of Public Works resumed regular MuscaBus routes on Monday, June 29, 2020, and will begin collecting fares on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
All passengers will be required to wear face masks while riding the bus at this time. The mask must cover your nose and mouth at all times.
Fares for MuscaBus are $1.00 per ride on the route buses and $2.00 per ride on the shuttles.
Public Transit supervisor Amy Fortenbacher added that if a passenger purchased an April pass, they can request a July pass at no additional cost. Public Transit has a list of passengers who purchased an April pass and will verify that the passengers are on that list before issuing a July pass.
MuscaBus services are open to the general public including persons with disabilities. No animals are allowed on the buses except for service animals.
Additional information on the MuscaBus service includes;
- A route ride fare is $1.00 per ride;
- Transfers on route rides are free;
- Children under 5 ride free on routes with a paying adult;
- A sheet of 12 route tickets is $12.00 (tickets are available at the Department of Public Works on Washington Street or in the Finance Department at Muscatine City Hall on Sycamore Street);
- A monthly route flash pass is $32.00;
- Paratransit (Shuttle), JARC, and New Freedom rides are $2.00 per ride.
- A sheet of 12 Paratransit (Shuttle) tickets is $24.00;
- Shell rides are $1.50 each ride but riders need to pay for the entire month;
- Tickets are not available for Shell service.
MuscaBus had been operating an appointment only shuttle service since regular routes were suspended on April 6, 2020. The special shuttle service ended on June 27, 2020.
For more information, call 563-263-8152 or click on the following link to visit the Public Transit page on the City of Muscatine website.