MUSCATINE, Iowa-In response to the Iowa Department of Public Health announcing that counties may move to people with certain underlying health conditions previously included in Phase 1C of COVID-19 vaccination if they have finished or nearly finished Phase 1B, Trinity Muscatine Public Health provided an update about their current vaccination progress. Their announcement follows below verbatim.
How is the vaccine being distributed right now in Muscatine County through Public Health?
- Phase 1B 1st and 2nd dose clinics
- The state of Iowa announced in the afternoon of March 4th that pharmacies, Dr. offices, and local public health departments, that are ready, can begin vaccinating Persons 64 years and younger with high risk medical conditions (previously in Phase 1C). The state amended their order to include this population into Phase 1B.
- The Public Health Department for Muscatine County will not be moving on until we can ensure persons 65 years and older are vaccinated.
If I am 65 or older, how can I get my COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Persons 65 years and older are receiving vaccines through Dr. offices, pharmacies, and public health.
- You will be contacted or informed once you are eligible AND the vaccine is available to you.
- Hy-Vee is receiving the vaccine each week from the state/federal government. Please visit their website and Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/MuscatineHV or https://www.hy-vee.com/mypharmacy/covid-vaccine
- Wester Drug is now receiving vaccine from the state/federal government. Please visit their website and
- Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/westerdrug and https://www.westerdrug.com/
If I am in the approved 1B workforce, how can I get my COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Public Health is setting up vaccination clinics with the approved workforce. You will be contacted by your employer when the vaccine is available.
- There are 5 tiers to the workforce that we must vaccinate in order from 1 to 5. We are done with Tier 1 and moving onto Tier 2 workforce as of 3/5/21
- Tier 1 = First Responders, School Staff, Early Childhood Educators and Childcare Providers
- Tier 2 = Manufacturing workers who work in or live in congregate settings that do not allow for social distancing and individuals with disabilities living in home settings and their direct care staff.
- Tier 3 = Staff of individuals living in congregate settings (does not include college dorms), Government Officials doing business at the Iowa Capitol during legislative session
- Tier 4 = Inspectors responsible for hospitals, long-term care, and child safety
- Tier 5 = Correctional facility staff and individuals incarcerated
Where can I get help signing up for vaccines on-line (for people 65 years and older)?
- If you are 65 years and older and need help getting signed up for a vaccine or are homebound, please reach out to our local partners, Senior Resources at 563-263-7292. Available in English and Spanish
- The Iowa Department of Public Health has created vaccine navigation support and people ages 65 and older can call 2-1-1 to gain support beginning the week of March 8th.
- The Iowa’s Area Agency on Aging is willing to support individuals navigate where to access vaccines in their county. Please visit www.IowaAging.gov or call 1-866-468-7887.