MUSCATINE, Iowa–The Muscatine County Service Unit of the Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois Council (GSEIWI) announced their annual awards.
The Service Unit again received the President’s Award from GSEIWI, which recognizes a service unit that surpasses team goals and results in significant, measurable impact toward reaching the council’s overall goals.
Muscatine County Service Unit Director Melissa McNally received the Appreciation Pin for her exemplary service in support of delivering the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE).
The following leaders received the Volunteer Of Excellence Pin which recognizes volunteers who have contributed outstanding service in support of the council’s mission delivery to girl and adult members:
- Jessica Pierce: for her work as Service Unit Event Coordinator.
- Polliana Adams: for her work as Service Unit Cookie Sales Coordinator.
- Kimberly Reesink: for her work as Service Unit Fall Product Coordinator.
- The key volunteers for Girl Scout Day Camp, Camp Sacajawea: Carrie George-Mosley as Camp Director, BreAnne Halloran as Camp Registrar, Neely Harris as Kitchen/Dietary Director, and Cheryl Frisbie as Camp Craft Coordinator.
The Service Unit would like to highlight the Scouts Cookie Sales. The following scouts sold 500-750 individual boxes of cookies:
- Brandon Payton (500)
- Aliza Harris (500)
- Leiah Lobdell (501)
- Abigail Van Blarcom (527)
- Victoria Ferrell (568)
- Anastasia Stauffer (600)
- Ariah Stauffer (600)
- McKenzey Curtis (600)
- Abbigail Kisner (601)
- Braylynn Calvin (655)
- Elaina Sonderberg (681)
- Aubrey True (735)
These scouts sold 750+ boxes of cookies:
- Tracie VanDusen (754)
- Amelia Williamson (801)
- Kaylee Greer (808)
- Sophie Lindley (816)
- Alexandra Adams (1001)
- Clarissa McNally (1305)
The Service Unit also wants to recognize their newest Girl Scout Lifetime Member, Taylor VanDusen.
For more information about Girl Scouts in Muscatine County, please contact [email protected].