Do you love the fall and all the delicious flavors that come along with the season?
There is something so exciting about switching food choices from crisp and cool fruits and veggies to robust and comforting seasonal produce. If you are looking for a new recipe to try to satisfy your seasonal cravings, I have the perfect one for you!
My name is Autumn Schultz, and I’m the nutrition coach at Impact Fitness & Nutrition here with the perfect fall recipe to satisfy your fall tastes, cinnamon roasted butternut squash. It is guaranteed to become a fall staple in your household.
Here’s the full recipe:
- 2 cups butternut squash (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional: dash cayenne
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place aluminum foil on one large baking sheet
- Mix the cinnamon and salt
- Toss the butternut squash cubes into the olive oil and then in the seasoning mixture until they are well coated
- Evenly spread out coated butternut squash on the baking sheet in a thin layer
- Place the baking sheet in the oven
- Cook for 20-25 minutes and then flip
- Cook for an additional 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly brown and the centers are tender
Nutrition Coach Autumn